Here’s the Recap:
In this episode I talk with the husband and wife duo behind Planted in Miami, a podcast about conscious living in the Magic City. We do a deep dive into their inspirations, why they transitioned to a plant-based diet and how podcasting made them take the leap to quit their 9-5 jobs. There are lots of laughs but also great insight into the entrepreneurial life and all it entails.
What We Covered:
- 04:27 – How they learned to start podcasting
- 07:05 – Who influenced their podcast
- 08:56 – Podcast format (husband and wife)
- 09:33 – Planted in Miami origin
- 15:25 – What prompted their move to a plant-based diet
- 22:01 – Harry’s reason for turning vegetarian
- 24:56 – Jeanette’s audition on American Idol
- 28:49 – How they met
- 29:32 – Why they left their 9 to 5 jobs
- 33:29 – Their new business venture
- 34:47 – Alex’s advice for wannabe entrepreneurs
- 35:11 – The two things they spend their money on
- 38:50 – Katie Krimitsos Podfest presentation
- 39:40 – The importance of intellectual property
- 44:31 – Why having a support group is important
- 46:15 – How accountability calls can help entrepreneurs
- 49:16 – Structuring your work day
- 01:02:27 – Getting comfortable with your voice
- 01:04:07 – What has Alex changed his mind about recently?
- 01:05:03 – What is the most misunderstood thing about Jeanette?
- 01:07:07 – The influence of Latino culture
- 01:08:34 – Alex’s opinion on Kenny G
Additional Links Mentioned
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.