Here’s the Recap:
As a former teacher for 10 years, Adam Lewis Walker decided to break away from the traditional classroom setting and life as a career professor in order to teach people more about success rather than academics. With an extensive background in teaching and a lot of hard work, Adam is now a best selling author and keynote speaker, a mentor and coach for entrepreneurs, and founder of the Awaken Your Alpha podcast.
What We Covered:
- 09:17 – People who love to complain and how to avoid becoming one
- 12:11 – Where he was when he ad the idea for the Awaken Your Alpha podcast
- 16:04 – The most surprising thing he discovered when he started podcasting
- 19:36 – Being a teacher in South London
- 22:32 – What motivated him to become a teacher
- 24:33 – Sports and the struggles of being an athlete in England
- 28:02 – His Olympic pole vaulting aspirations
- 28:58 – His first entrepreneurial adventure
- 31:24 – His first real business
- 34:41 – The biggest take-away from his first business
- 43:40 – The mentor who shaped who he his today
- 50:50 – How valuable and helpful a coach can be
- 53:42 – Our future business and Shark Tank pitch
- 56:13 – His view on bullying and addressing the topic with his kids
- 01:01:58 – What he’s changed his mind about recently
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below, via e-mail: email@example.com, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.