Here’s the Recap:
Krisztina ‘Z’ Holly is the host of The Art of Manufacturing Podcast where she interviews the entrepreneurs, founders, and CEO’s that are pushing the boundaries of the manufacturing world in Los Angeles and is the founder of MAKE IT IN LA. Before she started podcasting she studied Engineering at the prestigious Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Cambridge, MA and she created the first ever TEDx Talks while working at the University of Southern California (TEDxUSC) where she curated and hosted the talks for four years.
What We Covered:
- 08:26 – Why she became interested in podcasting
- 11:39 – Where her high standards come from
- 14:34 – The story behind creating the first ever TEDx Talks
- 18:36 – What she learned about pitching ideas from putting TEDx together
- 21:19 – The decision making process
- 26:22 – Her, “I Have an Idea” folder
- 27:38 – Her dad and the invention he’s been working on
- 33:12 – Her experience of attending MIT as a woman
- 41:48 – The kind of guests she likes having on her podcast
- 44:58 – What she thinks make a really good interview
- 47:04 – How I select my Podcast Junkies guests
- 49:30 – My Venn Diagram
- 53:17 – Her most challenging interviews
- 54:30 – Her conversation with Dov Charney
- 59:13 – The type of guests she gets excited about having on her show
- 1:01:49 – That time she did an interview with a convicted murderer
- 1:06:07 – What she’s changed her mind about recently
- 1:07:00 – The one most misunderstood thing about her
Her interview with Kellie Johnson
Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams
Her interview with Jeni Britton Bauer
Her interview with Rodney Mullen
The Art of Manufacturing Podcast
Z Holly on Twitter
MAKE IT IN LA on Twitter
Z Holly on Instagram
MAKE IT IN LA on Instagram
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.