Here’s the Recap:
In today’s episode of Podcast Junkies, Harry Duran talks to The Social Strategy’s Vernon Ross interview. Together, they discuss the importance of maintaining real life values and sticking with your gut. Despite cries of selfishness, Ross insists on being choosy over who he interviews, and understands totally the way that podcasts and interviews can get you the information you want so that you can further your own learning. Full transcript available here. Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Covered:
- 00:44 – Harry Duran gives some background information about today’s guest, Vernon Ross of The Social Strategy.
- 05:03 – The way you interact with your guests can lead to a host of other opportunities.
- 10:07 – Use the skills you already have to get where you want to be – just be adaptable.
- 17:03 – Setting a deadline makes your goal seem physical, real and possible.
- 19:36 – Vernon talks about getting started in a world where social media was just beginning.
- 26:46 – Making money from something that interests you really is possible.
- 31:02 – Harry and Vernon reminisce about some of the old-school technologies they grew up with.
- 33:03 – Giving people information directly doesn’t always work. Let them think for themselves.
- 39:50 – It’s not enough to just be popular in writing. You have to have examples of you speaking.
- 44:16 – You really do get out all of the effort that you put in.
- 50:16 – The Clouds and The Dirt; an interesting philosophy by Gary Vaynerchuk.
- 53:53 – Not everything goes to plan when recording, but work at it.
- 56:00 – How to set yourself apart as a good interviewer.
- 59:21 – Further yourself by talking to people who are further than you.
- 01:02:18 – How is the rest of the year looking for podcasting?
How Do I Subscribe?
- Comments below, via e-mail: email@example.com, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.