Here’s the Recap:
This interview, I spoke with the charming Vanessa Lowe. Vanessa is the host of Nocturne, which could be classified as ambient storytelling. It takes the topic of night time as its subject matter and each month is a new story with that as the theme. I found out about her podcast because initially she reached out to me. I’m so glad she did, because when I listened to her show I was just fascinated by it.
Full transcript available here. Send comments to email@example.com.
What We Covered:
- 01:35 – I have way too many shows in my podcast app.
- 05:25 – How did Vanessa get started in radio?
- 08:55 – How would Vanessa describe her podcast to her grandmother?
- 11:45 – Vanessa is not a natural night owl. She's a hummingbird.
- 14:15 – Nocturne episode 2 – Portal was very trippy for me to listen to.
- 15:25 – Since Vanessa's partner does sound for films, so she has access to an extensive sound library.
- 20:00 – In ep. 4 – Alter Hours, the guest's internal clock tells her there's 25.5 hours in a day.
- 27:00 – Ep.6 – (This is not) A Love Song is about the affects of mockingbirds on people at night.
- 29:35 – We're losing the night sky and it's something we're taking for granted.
- 38:30 – Look forward to an upcoming episode about a different reality that happens at 3am.
- 46:45 – Vanessa and I geek out a little bit about New York and some of the bars we used to frequent.
- 50:00 – I saw a group of deaf people at a club and they were using the vibrations to dance.
- 54:35 – Vanessa's podcast has been received very well and she's getting tons of feedback from her listeners.
- 56:00 – Vanessa talks about the community around The Heard Radio and other podcasts.
- 01:02:00 – Definitely check out Nocturne.
- 01:03:55 – Check out http://cedarsoil.com/ for more music.
The End of Night by Paul Bogard
Neighbors Audio Show
The Heard Radio
How Do I Subscribe?
Music Intro by Cedar & Soil: Twitter | Facebook | Website