Here’s the Recap:
Tom Webster is a marketing executive and the vice president of Edison Research. He also co-hosts his own podcast, The Marketing Companion, with Mark Schaefer. Tom has been in the broadcast research industry for 25 years and has quite a bit to share on the topics of interviewing, storytelling, and podcast statistics.
What We Covered:
- 05:45 – Tom believes the standards in podcasting have gotten better.
- 07:25 – How did Tom meet his co-host, Mark?
- 10:15 – Tom has been in media and broadcast research for almost 25 years.
- 12:25 – What kind of podcast/radio trends has Tom seen over at Edison?
- 17:20 – Tom shares some examples of people who are able to make that jump from radio to podcasting.
- 19:20 – There's a percentage of Millennials who don't know what podcasts are.
- 21:25 – Podcast discovery is still a huge problem.
- 22:55 – Tips on increasing your podcast audience: figure out what you're good at.
- 23:35 – Study the greats.
- 24:35 – Most things you hear from public media is scripted.
- 27:00 – Inside jokes do not work well on a podcast.
- 29:25 – Tom enjoys Jordan Harbinger's interviewing style.
- 32:30 – What's the best way to present statistics?
- 36:40 – Tom shares what surprised him the most on The Infinite Dial 2016 report.
- 41:35 – What should people be thinking about when marketing their podcast?
- 46:10 – What has Tom changed his mind about recently?
- 47:25 – What is the most misunderstood thing about Tom?
- 48:05 – When was the last time Tom laughed out loud?
Cast Source Website
Podcast Junkies Website
Edison Research Website
Tom Webster on Twitter
The Marketing Companion Podcast
Podcast One Website
Jordan Harbinger Website
The Infinite Dial Report
The Podcast Consumer
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below, via e-mail: email@example.com, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.