Here’s the Recap:
Harry Duran welcomes to the podcast marketing professional, serial entrepreneur, husband, father, and fellow podcaster, Stephen Hart. Stephen is the founder and host of the show, Trailblazers, a podcast that explores stories of successful black professionals, entrepreneurs, creatives, and corporate leaders. Stephen’s goal is to share stories of black men and women who are doing amazing things within their industries. Stephen is a believer in being authentic and strives to help people discover their true callings.
In this episode, Stephen and Harry discuss Podcast Movement, the conference where they originally met. They talk about the supportive nature of the podcasting community and encourage listeners to attend a podcast conference to share in the experience. Stephen discusses his background and the inspiration behind his podcast, Trailblazers. For Stephen, the success of his podcast isn’t measured by downloads, but rather by engagement and impact. His goal over the next five years is to help and positively affect 10,000 lives. It is Stephen’s hope that this will create a ripple effect and that his deeds will continue to spread. Stephen equates this to planting seeds in a garden he will never see. Finally, Stephen talks about his legacy, which includes being a great husband, father, and overall person.
What We Covered:
- 00:59 – Harry welcomes Stephen Hart to the podcast
- 01:35 – Stephen’s background
- 04:26 – How Stephen has raised his children to not be dependent on technology and devices
- 08:35 – How Stephen wound up living in Maryland
- 09:01 – Stephen and Harry talk about Podcast Movement, the world’s largest podcast conference
- 14:43 – Stephen talks about MapCon, the Mid-Atlantic Podcast Conference
- 16:42 – Harry’s freestyle rap story from Podcast Movement
- 20:39 – Stephen encourages all podcasters to attend a podcast conference
- 21:54 – The importance of bringing a unique perspective to your podcast
- 24:01 – What inspired Stephen to start his podcast, Trailblazers
- 28:57 – How Stephen measures the success of his podcast
- 30:44 – Stephen shares his idea for his next podcast
- 32:57 – Harry announces the conference he’s been working to launch, Clarion
- 34:45 – Stephen speaks to his future goals and the positive impact he wants to achieve
- 41:52 – Stephen’s other projects
- 46:09 – Stephen advises entrepreneurs to get their products and services out there
- 48:37 – Where Stephen got his entrepreneurial spirit and hustle
- 49:50 – Stephen talks about the mentors that influenced his life and career
- 53:32 – Stephen recalls geeking out when he met Pat Flynn
- 56:04 – What is something Stephen has changed his mind about recently?
- 58:09 – Why Stephen’s legacy is important to him
- 1:00:14 – Stephen talks about an exercise where he posed 32 questions to his father
- 1:01:47 – What is the most misunderstood thing about Stephen?
- 1:04:18 – Where listeners can follow Stephen