Here’s the Recap:
Rob Walch is the VP at Libsyn and the host of Podcast 411 and Today in iOS. I've been Libsyn's customer for a while now since I've gotten started. I've had multiple interactions with Rob and I think there's this notion sometimes that I've heard people say Rob can be a bit grouchy, I don't know why, maybe it's just people that don't know him. That couldn't be farther from the truth. He's a lot of fun, has really, really quick sense of humor and we laughed a lot on the show. Rob shares valuable podcast insight, statistics, and why your audience isn't falling for traditional marketing tactics. Hope you enjoy this fantastic episode.
What We Covered:
- 03:05 – Rob will be seeing Minions with his son this weekend.
- 05:30 – Podcasting is not going through a renaissance.
- 07:15 – The White House didn't vet Marc Maron's interview with President Obama at all.
- 09:50 – IMDB Pro is an excellent resource to interview celebrities.
- 11:20 – Always be honest with your download numbers with advertisers.
- 14:00 – Everyone seems to know what a podcast is these days.
- 15:45 – Should you have an dedicated app for your show? Rob says yes.
- 18:45 – Don't release a bad episode just because you're trying to stick to a schedule.
- 24:00 – Hilary didn't do podcasting well last time she ran for President. It wasn't personable enough.
- 28:50 – Rob talks about his podcasts.
- 41:00 – Rob doesn't think he'll get the next iPhone when it releases.
- 44:30 – Rob's youngest son is podcasting.
- 46:35 – Your marketing for your podcast is BS.
- 51:10 – If your audience is happy with the show, they'll tell their friends and family.
- 52:10 – Rob shares podcasting stats.
- 57:55 – Look out for Rob's speech at Podcast Movement.
- 1:00:50 – What's happening in the next 6-12 months that Rob is excited about?
- 1:05:10 – Beware, there are some Game of Thrones spoilers.
- 1:08:55 – Libsyn has an extremely active community. Elsie Escobar has been a big help to that.
- 1:11:50 – Please check out Cedar and Soil's music and don't forget to rate the show on iTunes.
How Do I Subscribe?
- Comments below, via e-mail: email@example.com, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.