Here’s the Recap:
Rob McGinley Myers is the host for Anxious Machine. He is part of The Heard, which is a podcast collective of several different and awesome shows. The best way to describe Rob's podcast is it's a show about the impact of technology on our everyday lives. Rob's interview style really brings out a lot of gems in people. We talk about the impact technology has on kids, his podcast style, and his weightless journey.
Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Covered:
- 04:45 – Podcasting is a medium and not a genre.
- 06:45 – Rob doesn't listen to podcasts on an increased speed.
- 08:00 – What was the first podcast Rob listened to?
- 09:15 – Should we separate radio publishers versus independent podcasters in a different category?
- 10:05 – How can Apple make the discovery process easier?
- 12:35 – What's Rob's story?
- 16:20 – How did Rob get into podcasting?
- 18:15 – Podcast Movement was great this year.
- 20:00 – What is Third Coast?
- 23:30 – What is The Heard?
- 27:15 – As the show gets better, does Rob feel more pressure in finding better guests?
- 31:40 – Rob explains what Love and Radio does.
- 32:15 – Rob talks about how he came to create one of his podcast episodes.
- 35:50 – Does Rob worry about how technology impacts his kid's lives?
- 37:20 – In the article, The Touch-Screen Generation, the author conducts an experiment to see if her child would eventually get bored of the iPad.
- 39:35 – What's Rob's ‘studio' setup?
- 40:55 – Rob loves reading his stories in front of people.
- 48:50 – People are more likely to reveal certain things about themselves in audio form.
- 51:15 – How does Rob bring out such great stories in people?
- 54:00 – Rob talks about S2:E2 – All My Days Have Been Guns
- 59:00 – Rob talks on how studying comparative literature has helped his podcast.
- 01:00 – What's Rob's Anxious Machine's story?
- 01:03 – Rob used to be overweight and believes being overweight is a math problem.
- 01:11 – Rob makes a conscious effort to interview very different people.
- 01:13 – What's the story behind using the title S2:E5 – These Things Is Miracles?
- 01:18 – What do Rob's students think of his podcast?
- 01:19 – Rob is both surprised and not surprised about his podcast show.
Anxious Machine Podcast
Rob McGinley Myers Twitter
The Podcast Digest
School of Podcasting
Podcasters Round Table
Smart Passive Income
On The Media
The Memory Place
The Writers Almanac
Ben Franklin's World
Shadow of Ideas
99 Percent Invisible
Third Coast Festival
The Heard Radio
Neighbors Audio Show
First Day Back Podcast
How To Be A Girl Podcast
Love And Radio
The Touch Screen Generation
All My Days Have Been Guns
These Things Is Miracles
How Do I Subscribe?
- Comments below, via e-mail: email@example.com, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.