Here’s the Recap:
Rob Dionne is the host of Open Sky Fitness, a podcast with an incredibly engaged community, who are all struggling with their weight loss journey. Rob shares tips on how he was able to really, really engage his audience, and why he decided to make a shift in his interviewing style, in order to present himself as the expert.
What We Covered:
- 00:10 – This show is a bit overdue, because Rob and I were suppose to have this conversation after Podcast Movement 2015.
- 01:50 – Rob bought his first house two years ago.
- 05:30 – Where did the name, ‘Podcast Junkies,’ come from?
- 07:05 – Who inspired Rob to start his own podcast?
- 13:05 – It’s not a mystery trying to get people on your show. Just be open and ask them.
- 15:25 – How has Rob grown as a person, since he started his podcast?
- 18:05 – When Rob brought his wife onto the show, his download numbers doubled.
- 20:55 – Rob’s lead generation has completely changed, all because he created that podcast group.
- 24:10 – Rob hates it when the host on Facebook Live interrupts themselves just to answer user comments. Do a separate section for that!
- 32:05 – People want to connect with another human being.
- 33:00 – Most people struggle with their weight. Rob let himself go when he was 30, and the things that kept him healthy when he was 20 years old, weren’t working.
- 36:25 – Rob talks about his sister.
- 38:45 – Write down everything that you are eating. EVERYTHING!
- 41:10 – Rob’s sister didn’t even know what gluten meant.
- 44:40 – How did Rob get into fitness?
- 48:15 – Rob shares a client case study, about a guy who had horrible acid reflux.
- 51:00 – Whenever we take medication, it messes with our inner microbiome.
- 54:10 – Business and nutrition are unbelievably similar.
- 55:15 – What’s the most misunderstood thing about Rob?
- 01:00:40 – What has Rob changed his mind about recently?
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below, via e-mail: email@example.com, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.