Here’s the Recap:
Nicole Abboud is the founder of Abboud Media and the Gen Why Lawyer podcast. A lawyer by trade, she soon came to the realization after practicing law for five years that it wasn’t the career she wanted for the rest of her life. So in 2015, after having conversations with young lawyers about their experiences practicing law, she decided to launch Gen Why Lawyer which eventually inspired her to stop practicing law and follow her passion of starting her own business – helping lawyers better brand themselves, millennial style.
Nicole’s voice is helping inspire millennials and others not willing to settle for the status-quo to live a more meaningful and fulfilling life.
What We Covered:
- 03:16 – Where I first met Nicole
- 05:25 – Which podcast got her interested in starting her podcast, Gen Why Lawyer
- 06:20 – Her background as a lawyer and how she got the idea to start her podcast
- 07:36 – When she was first bit by the entrepreneurial bug
- 08:45 – Leaving her law career to build her own business
- 09:27 – How going out on her own has changed what she covers on Gen Why Lawyer
- 10:31 – Her listener base
- 11:20 – How her guests left practicing law and the types of businesses they’ve opened
- 13:13 – Why she thinks Gen Why Lawyer has received great exposure
- 16:39 – What her parents thought when she started podcasting
- 17:19 – Her family’s ethnicity/heritage
- 19:02 – The concerns her parents had when she stopped practicing law
- 20:26 – What it was about practicing law that burnt her out
- 21:51 – The 9 to 5 employee mindset vs the entrepreneur mindset
- 24:19 – Compassionate Management
- 27:25 – When she realized that Compassionate Management was something she should pay attention to
- 29:03 – Defining Compassionate Management
- 30:06 – Holacracy
- 31:22 – The organizations she was involved with in high school
- 32:40 – The new podcast, What Trump Can Teach Us About Constitutional Law
- 34:23 – How she’s grown as a podcast host
- 35:56 – The episode of Gen Why Lawyer that stands out to her
- 38:35 – How podcasting has changed the way she interacts with people in person
- 39:11 – Is she an introvert or extrovert?
- 39:40 – What makes her uncomfortable talking to people “in real life”
- 43:02 – The ideas she first had for starting her own business
- 47:24 – Who she would love to have on her podcast
- 49:45 – The one most misunderstood thing about her
- 52:42 – What she’s changed her mind about recently
- 55:47 – What has her excited about returning to her podcast
Nicole’s podcast, Gen Why Lawyer
Nicole on Instagram
Nicole on Twitter
PJ073 – Espree Devora
Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
Simon Sinek: Why Leaders Eat Last Talk
Holacracy – Flattening the Organization Structure and Busting Bureaucracy
What Trump Can Teach Us About Con Law Podcast
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below, via e-mail: email@example.com, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.