Here’s the Recap:
Nico Johnson has over 10 years of experience in solar project development and PV sales. Nico is also the host of Sun Cast, a podcast about the solar industry in Latin America. Nico discusses some of his struggles on getting his podcast off the ground, and facing the high-expectations of his sponsors. He admits that when you’re so well connected in your industry, it’s the fear of success that holds you back; not the fear of failure.
What We Covered:
- 04:15 – Be sure to visit the Green Door in Chicago. You will need a secret passcode in order to get in.
- 07:00 – Podcast Movement is the number one event to go to, as a podcaster.
- 13:20 – Why did my interview with Chase Reeves resonate so strongly with Nico?
- 19:45 – Nico spends a lot of time on production, which is why he only has 13 episodes released right now.
- 24:15 – As Podcast Junkie fans may know, I usually only invite podcasters who have at least 50 episodes under their belt. Why is Nico an exception?
- 29:15 – Nico’s wife made him write out a business plan for his podcast.
- 33:20 – Nico has felt like a total failure to his audience.
- 39:05 – In February, a sponsor cut Nico a check for $6,000, to see where hs podcast would go.
- 43:05 – Nico realized he was letting his sponsor down, and has been working hard to get the results he promised him.
- 51:55 – Nico discusses the format he plans to use for his podcast.
- 55:20 – Nico gets between 500-700 downloads per episode.
- 56:30 – What are some of Nico’s favorite autobiographies?
- 01:01:20 – What gets scheduled in your calendar, is actually what gets done.
- 01:03:30 – What has Nico changed his mind about recently?
- 01:06:10 – What’s the most misunderstood thing about Nico?
Podcast Junkies Website
Podcast Junkies EP 100 – A Conversation with Chase Reeves
Podcast Junkies EP 065 Lea Thau | Discovering Intimate Moments in People’s Lives
Nico on LinkedIn
“The Gospel of Wealth,” by Andrew Carnegie
Enjoying the Show?
Music Intro by Cedar & Soil: Twitter | Facebook | Website
Like What You've Read?
If so, please sign up to get a FREE COPY of my PDF, 8 Things You Can Do Today to Skyrocket Your Podcast Productivity!