Here’s the Recap:
Natalie Eckdahl is the host of the Biz Chix podcast, a business coach and strategist who also leads mastermind groups for women entrepreneurs. She was inspired to start her podcast in 2014 because the business podcasts she was listening to mainly spotlighted men and she wanted to listen from more women entrepreneurs who were balancing a business and a family just like she was.
With nearly 300 episodes under her belt, Natalie has been able to provide a platform to women business owners and leaders whose voices are often underrepresented while also sharing her own knowledge and expertise to other female entrepreneurs who are looking to start and improve upon their own businesses.
What We Covered:
- 07:27 – Her thoughts on waiting for the right time to come on the show
- 08:27 – Lessons she’s learned to improve her podcast and business
- 11:32 – The first time she received feedback on her podcast
- 14:44 – How she got started in podcasting
- 20:02 – Thinking through how you want to design your podcast
- 24:09 – Finding your own voice
- 28:27 – My new favorite business podcast, More Cheese Less Whiskers
- 30:21 – Using your podcast for your business
- 32:28 – Using her Facebook group to connect her community to her podcast
- 35:12 – When she has to explain to people what she does for a living
- 35:32 – Her growing community of listeners and connecting with them at Podcast Movement
- 37:52 – Celebrity status within the small online world
- 38:33 – The powerful connections podcasts are able to make on listeners
- 41:24 – If podcast listening will evolve from a solo in-ear experience to a more communal radio-type listening style
- 43:44 – Featuring her kids on her podcast and if they will have their own show one day
- 47:05 – If Generation Zers will take to podcasts
- 48:03 – The new trend of TV shows turning into podcasts
- 50:23 – The big support she received from her husband when she started her podcast
- 53:26 – Creating memories and leaving a legacy through your podcast
- 55:37 – Being vulnerable and sharing personal stories with your audience
- 58:04 – What she’s changed her mind about recently
- 01:03:38 – How you can involve your listeners to help your podcast downloads grow
Natalie’s podcast BizChix
Natalie on Twitter
Natalie on Instagram
Natalie on Facebook
Kate Erickson’s Blog
Entrepreneurs On Fire
More Cheese Less Whiskers podcast
The Podcast Producers podcast
Daniel J. Lewis ‘Once’ podcast
Lauren Gaggioli’s The College Checklist podcast
Locked Up Abroad podcast
BizChix Live for Women Entrepreneurs, October 18-20 in Irvine, CA
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below, via e-mail: email@example.com, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.