Here’s the Recap:
The Revision Path was started by designer Maurice Cherry to highlight the achievements of fellow black designers. Since then, both the podcast, and Cherry, have enjoyed accolades and attention from across the podcasting landscape and beyond.
Harry welcomes Maurice to talk about what led to the podcasts creation, how Facebook reached out to him to help them hire more black designers, and about his time in a diversity-focused taskforce for the AIGA; a group dedicated to helping designers across the world.
What We Covered:
- 02:00 – What drove Maurice to start his podcast?
- 08:20 – Designers that Maurice was fortunate enough to interview
- 12:30 – Sponsors who have approached Maurice
- 15:30 – Revision Paths’ relationship with Facebook
- 19:50 – Why Maurice wanted to focus on black designers for his podcast
- 27:00 – People Maurice has inspired
- 33:00 – Organizations Maurice is working with in the future
- 36:40 – Maurice and the AIGA
- 40:20 – Where Maurice found his love of design
- 48:40 – The person Maurice identifies as his mentor
- 50:30 – Places Maurice is volunteering, to give back to the community
- 55:40 – Misconceptions Maurice encounters on a daily basis
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.