Here’s the Recap:
Kate Erickson of Entrepreneur on Fire fame joins Harry Duran to talk about moving on from behind-the-scenes work and stepping into the spotlight herself. Kate Erickson Interview showcases her own topic-based podcast, aptly named Kate’s Takes, and in this podcast she discusses the difficulties of seeing through the doubts and personal challenges, as well as how rewarding and humbling it is when you can overcome any obstacle that gets in your way.
Full transcript available here. Send comments to email@example.com.
What We Covered:
- 02:00 – Harry Duran introduces today’s guest, content creator Kate Erickson.
- 12:16 – Figuring out whether to do a podcast by yourself or through interviews is a very personal choice.
- 14:24 – Podcasting is an industry that even now, people are only starting to consider as an option for them.
- 18:15 – So much of being successful is about overcoming the doubts you have and going forward anyway.
- 20:35 – To improve your skills, you have to listen to yourself the way your audience listens to you.
- 25:48 – A business can’t rely on just talking into a microphone – the behind-the-scenes work has to be just as strong.
- 30:54 – The people you interact with can drastically change your perception of yourself and your own ideas.
- 36:52 – Kate talks about the personal challenges she faces in her line of work, and how to overcome them.
- 39:55 – If you’re not really being you, there’s no way you’ll stand out as being genuine.
- 43:19 – There are so many opportunities for podcasters – here’s what the space is looking like right now.
How Do I Subscribe?