Here's the Recap:
Kari Gormley is the host of The Running Lifestyle Show. Her show provides encouragement and inspiration to runners who aspire to be ultra-marathoners. Kari talks to me about her time in Sweden and the culture shock she experienced while she was there. She also talks on some of the valuable lessons she learned when she traveled the world for six months. Find out about Kari's story and more in today's episode.
What We Covered:
- 06:45 – It was hard for Kari to start her podcast.
- 07:30 – What Kari learned through starting a podcast is that it's okay to be vulnerable.
- 08:15 – What were some of the other things that took Kari a while to learn?
- 09:20 – Why did Kari take the internship opportunity and move to Sweden?
- 10:25 – Kari shares her culture shock experience when she was in Sweden.
- 16:45 – Kari shares her culture shock experience when she was in Sweden.
- 19:15 – In early 2002, Kari traveled around the world for six months.
- 26:20 – What were some of the key lessons Kari learned after those six months?
- 30:40 – Kari has ran 6 marathons so far.
- 32:40 – The Running Lifestyle podcast has opened so many doors for Kari.
- 35:00 – Kari loves connecting and meeting with people who listen to the show.
- 38:25 – Kari loves connecting and meeting with people who listen to the show.
- 39:50 – Kari never ended up meeting those people whom she thought were her ideal avatar.
- 42:50 – How does Kari plan to take her podcast to another level?
- 45:10 – How does Kari plan to take her podcast to another level?
- 47:50 – You can meet some of the best people at a conference.
- 52:00 – Overtime, you can get a good feel for what your hourly rate is and determine whether it's worth paying
- 54:00 – What would Kari's parents say about her life journal?
- 57:15 – Don't compare yourself to other podcasters/people. It's the worst and it won't help you.
- 59:40 – Kari talks about Dean Karnazes.
- 01:02:25 – Kari talks about the top 3 things that really matter in our lives.
- 01:04:15 – Most of the time when we don't do something, it's due to fear.
- 01:05:20 – What has Kari changed her mind about recently?
- 01:06:55 – Kari loves essential oils!
- 01:08:00 – I tell Kari about my meditation routine.
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.