Here’s the Recap:
Karen Yankovich is a Social Media Marketing Consultant, speaker, and the host of the Good Girls Get Rich podcast. Although she’s new to podcasting, she’s taken her digital marketing experience and expertise in LinkedIn to launch a show aimed at entrepreneurs and small business owners who don’t understand how to use social media and online digital tools and help them to establish confident brands and elevate their income and businesses.
Karen has had success showing companies how they can use LinkedIn to get new clients and she also sees the value of using it in the podcasting space. With her finger on the pulse in the social media and digital marketing world and a lucrative consulting practice, you can be sure that there’s something Karen can help you with to elevate your brand.
What We Covered:
- 04:47 – The story of how Karen and I met
- 09:19 – Why she changed her mind on the importance of her production quality
- 12:13 – The challenge of producing videos and why she considered using YouTube
- 13:58 – Karen’s audience and why she started her podcast
- 17:25 – The time I forgot to edit out the UPS man who interrupted a podcast recording
- 18:17 – Karen recounts one of her podcast faux pas
- 19:13 – Using Zoom for podcast recordings
- 20:39 – How far in advance she plans her episodes
- 23:32 – Her days working in corporate America to working in digital marketing
- 26:02 – If she found it scary going out on her own
- 27:15 – Surrounding yourself with like-minded individuals
- 28:33 – Karen’s thoughts on being around like-minded people
- 29:45 – What a six figure salary means to an entrepreneur
- 31:09 – Masterminds and how they can help you grow
- 32:46 – My idea for a new segment I’m calling, Where Are They Now?
- 33:46 – Growing up in New Jersey
- 35:49 – How some people thought she was crazy for leaving her six figure part-time job
- 36:32 – Why others were asking her why she hadn’t left her job yet
- 39:01 – If she’s always had a creative streak
- 39:48 – Karen talks about one of the carnivals she planned
- 40:38 – Why she feels LinkedIn is so important for corporations and entrepreneurs
- 41:16 – The mentors that have been helpful to her in her career
- 45:00 – How LinkedIn can be useful to podcasters
- 50:58 – What she’s changed her mind about recently
- 51:38 – The one most misunderstood thing about her
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below, via e-mail: email@example.com, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.