Here’s the Recap:
Jonathan Oakes is the creator and one of the many hosts of The Trivial Warfare Podcast. Jonathan is a huge trivia buff and although there were several trivia podcasts out there at the time, none of them had the ‘feel’ of a real trivia game show. This is when Jonathan knew he struck on something and decided to start his own podcast. The Trivial Warfare Podcast has struck up quite the following and the shows ability to be so interactive is what keeps the fans engaged and coming back for more!
What We Covered:
- 03:55 – Is The Trivial Warfare Podcast Jonathan’s first podcast?
- 06:45 – For those who are just starting out in podcast, you can always add your own flavor/personality to a podcast genre.
- 07:20 – When Jonathan introduced a host for his trivial podcast, that’s when things really kicked off.
- 12:10 – One of Jonathan’s listeners asked for the game to be more interactive, so in their already-established Facebook group, Jonathan added in a score system where the listeners can participate.
- 13:40 – Jonathan was scared to start the podcast’s Facebook group and procrastinated on it.
- 15:35 – Jeopardy contestants are now joining the group.
- 17:45 – Now, Jonathan is friends with several of his listeners who participate in the Facebook group.
- 22:00 – Have all the episodes had the same format?
- 30:25 – Jonathan was afraid he was going to alienate his audience by posting about a young boy needing medical help, but he knew it was the right thing to do.
- 34:45 – Everytime Jonathan got the right answer, his opponents would have to sing him a song.
- 35:15 – Where does Jonathan’s passion for trivia come from?
- 40:00 – Does anyone remember Garbage Pail Kids?
- 42:25 – Jonathan wanted to be the next Rush Limbaugh.
- 51:10 – Jonathan believes when his son grows up, he’ll listen to every single episode of The Trivial Warfare Podcast.
- 52:20 – Jonathan loves podcasting because it attracts people who like him for who he is.
- 56:30 – Does Jonathan plan on interviewing any of his trivia guest?
- 01:00:00 – Jonathan doesn’t like Boston!
- 01:01:30 – Where does Jonathan see his show going in the future?
- 01:07:20 – What’s the most misunderstood thing about Jonathan?
- 01:10:50 – What has Jonathan changed his mind about recently?
- 01:16:15 – What is Jonathan’s one guilty pleasure?
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below, via e-mail: email@example.com, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.