Here’s the Recap
Joe Pardo is the host of The Business Podcast and co-creator of the Mid-Atlantic Podcast Conference or MAPCON which debuted in 2015. Super Joe, as he’s currently referred to, is also the author of four books, a speaker, and has a knack for designing nifty t-shirts people want to wear.
He was turned on to event planning from a young age watching his grandfather put on vendor events in the 80’s and he later started to put together his own LAN parties for video gamers. After attending a conference in Florida and speaking with Lou Mongello and Jared Easley of Podcast Movement, he got the idea of starting his own podcasting conference for the entire Mid-Atlantic region
What We Covered:
- 07:26 – The idea behind my Podcast Junkies t-shirts
- 08:50 – Joe’s Mic Dropper shirt and creating shirts people want to wear
- 11:18 – His MAPCON shirts
- 14:01 – The origins of MAPCON
- 22:37 – His knack for being a very generous host
- 25:23 – What sets his conference apart from other podcast conferences
- 26:43 – The “Dating Game” panel they created with podcast coaches & new podcasters
- 28:13 – MAPCON’s, “Create a Podcast on the Fly” contest
- 29:04 – One of the things he had to learn to improve MAPCON
- 31:28 – Adding another day to MAPCON 2018
- 32:54 – What drew him to DJ’ing early on in his life
- 35:42 – When I first started DJ’ing
- 38:46 – Joe’s Adventurtorium album and how it led him to start podcasting
- 41:10 – His experience editing audio and how he got the idea for his podcast
- 46:01 – The different types of series he’s done on his show
- 47:29 – The new series he just launched
- 49:21 – A common theme he’s noticed in his conversations on The Dreamers podcast
- 51:57 – What drives him to keep writing books
- 54:47 – His new book, Sales Won’t Save Your Business
- 56:09 – Joe talks about the three other books he’s written
- 01:00:14 – Joe’s two pieces of advice for content creators
- 01:02:02 – Something he’s changed his mind about recently
- 01:04:31 – The one most misunderstood thing about him
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below, via e-mail: email@example.com, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.