Here’s the Recap:
Jerod Morris is the VP of RainMaker.FM and the VP of Marketing for Copyblogger. He hosts a couple of very successful podcasts, including The Lede, The Showrunner, and Primility. Jerod shares interesting insight on how he runs 5 regular podcasts, his struggles with creating content, and not failing on his commitment to his audience. Jerod also talks about his love for creating new made-up words, teaching, and who inspires him.
What We Covered:
- 04:45 – Jerod talks about Showrunner.
- 10:35 – You can't build an audience quickly.
- 13:15 – There's a difference between authenticity and transparency.
- 17:00 – Every podcaster has felt uninspired to record their show.
- 23:30 – Why did Jerod start Primility Primer?
- 28:35 – Since Jerod loves creating new words, I tell him about The Allusionist podcast.
- 29:40 – Podcast Movement was great this year.
- 35:25 – Jerod loves to teach.
- 37:30 – What has the response been like for Primility?
- 42:00 – How does Jerod organize/create his show?
- 46:50 – How does Jerod find the time to host 5 very different podcasts?
- 52:10 – Is it too late to podcast?
- 55:45 – How has podcasting helped Copyblogger?
- 01:03 – You don't have to wait for everything to be perfect. Start by building an audience.
- 01:09 – Have the pieces been falling into place for Jerod?
- 01:11 – Who inspires Jeord?
- 01:14 – You get good by practicing and practicing and practicing.
Feel free to use the graphics below to share the episode!
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below, via e-mail: email@example.com, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.