Here’s the Recap:
Jason Parsons, aka ‘The Angry Ginger', is the host of two podcasts, 7 Days a Geek and Podcasting 101. Jason talks about being a single father of 5 and how he got started in podcasting. He is also a big fan of comics and has written his own web series entitled E.L.E. Jason and I talk about comics, parenting, and how to create a compelling storyline that gets the audience's attention.
What We Covered:
- 07:50 – Is ginger a derogatory term?
- 10:35 – Jason went to college to become a screenwriter.
- 11:45 – No matter what Jason has gone through, he knows someone else out there can relate to it.
- 12:30 – Jason talks about the fake radio station he had as a kid.
- 15:20 – Since everything is so digital these days, are we loosing that tactile feeling?
- 16:25 – What does Jason miss from his childhood? Playtime!
- 19:10 – Jason talks about the differences between his parenting style vs. his parents’ parenting style.
- 23:20 – Jason self-publishes his own comic books.
- 28:30 – Jason's comic book audience is going to hate him because he plans to kill some of his characters off
- 30:00 – The problem with a lot of movies these days is that you have a hard time relating to the characters.
- 32:25 – If you're interested in comics, pick up Words for Pictures by Brian Michael Bendis.
- 32:55 – All you have to do is just read and start creating.
- 33:30 – Is there a community of indie comic book writers out there?
- 35:15 – It's a lot of money to print your comic book on-demand.
- 36:10 – Why did Jason start the 7 Days a Geek podcast?
- 41:50 – What do some people not understand about being a single dad?
- 43:20 – What is the most misunderstood thing about Jason?
- 44:50 – What has Jason changed his mind about recently?
- 50:00 – Jason talks about his other podcast, Podcasting 101.
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below, via e-mail: email@example.com, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.