Here’s the Recap:
Jason Bryant is the host of the Short Time Wrestling podcast and currently runs a network of shows on the subject of wrestling on MatTalkOnline.com. Jason Bryant started Mat Talk as a radio show back in 1997 as a college freshman and then later relaunched it in podcast format. Jason talks to me about his background in wrestling, his love for the sport, and his passion for podcasts. Jason also shares some statistics on his podcast for the audience.
What We Covered:
- 06:00 – What other podcasts does Jason do?
- 09:45 – What captures Jason's ear in a podcast?
- 14:45 – There's too many podcast shows for us to consume all at once.
- 17:50 – What was Jason's first podcast about?
- 23:50 – There's a very low retention in wrestlers after they finish high school/college.
- 28:45 – Jason's memory is uncanny.
- 31:45 – Everybody needs a reality check. Jason talks about his.
- 34:10 – Jason talks about his wife and his rough home life.
- 42:55 – Jason has no problem helping his competitors.
- 45:35 – Why is Jason hosting a lot of the shows on his network?
- 51:25 – Jason is constantly educating others why podcasts are a valuable resource.
- 54:35 – When did Jason start interviewing celebrities?
- 59:55 – Jason shares some of his podcast stats.
- 01:02:25 – Ask yourself, “Who are the guests that would bring your audience the most value?”
- 01:05:55 – Jason has been trying to get Tim Ferriss on the show.
- 01:12:00 – Jason and I really geeked out on Blab during International Podcasters Day.
- 01:15:55 – Jason gives a shout out to some of my old guests.
- 01:18:24 – You can find Jason at MatTalkOnline.Com and Twitter.
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below, via e-mail: email@example.com, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.