Here’s the Recap:
Ibarionex is a photographer, writer, educator and the host of The Candid Frame photography podcast. He has been podcasting for the past 10 years and talks on how he just recently got introduced to more podcasters and the podcast community. With 10 years of experience in the podcasting world and more than 20 years in photography, Ibarionex has a ton of great information to share.
What We Covered:
- 06:00 – Ibarionex has been podcasting for 10 years.
- 06:25 – Ibarionex didn’t know other podcasters for the longest time.
- 07:25 – Reach out to others early and build the relationships. Ibarionex was a bit late in doing that.
- 08:10 – Ibarionex was afraid to make mistakes and to let others know he didn’t know what he was doing.
- 09:15 – Despite being able to Google for info, it can take a long time to figure things out.
- 10:45 – What does Ibarionex ‘do’ for a living? He actually hates the question because he does so many
- 17:25 – People who multitask regularly become less efficient.
- 17:55 – It’s incredibly hard to focus on just one thing at a time.
- 20:25 – What was Hollywood like in the late 70’s?
- 25:20 – Ibarionex doesn’t mentor kids because he believes he’s still a kid trying to learn so much.
- 27:00 – Ibarionex was so focused on what he didn’t know that he never realized he knew more than others.
- 28:30 – What photographers does Ibarionex admire?
- 30:50 – Ibarionex talks on how he got started in photography.
- 32:00 – How did Ibarionex know when he took a great picture?
- 36:25 – Ibarionex talks camera equipment and shooting with a wilder lens.
- 39:35 – There’s always something to photograph, but sometimes you don’t have the eye to see it.
- 42:20 – How has photography improved Ibarionex’s life?
- 45:15 – Ibarionex talks about the podcasting community.
- 45:40 – Why did Ibarionex start his podcast?
- 50:00 – Ibarionex was already used to interviewing photographers before he started his show.
- 51:20 – The first question is critical, especially when interviewing experts who have been interviewed count
- 53:20 – Really listen to your guest, because the follow up question is really key.
- 55:25 – Ibarionex used to stutter.
- 56:25 – Ibarionex tries to produce an unedited, raw, and authentic show.
- 58:05 – Has Ibarionex ever gotten starstruck?
- 01:00:20 – Not only does Ibarionex get to talk to amazing people, but they see him as a peer too.
- 01:04:35 – Ibarionex wants to interview people who will surprise him.
- 01:10:00 – It’s hard to get guests to be genuine, especially over Skype.
- 01:12:30 – Can Ibarionex bring out the same amount of intimacy when he talks to someone in person?
- 01:17:00 – Ibarionex wants to interview people from his first grade class.
- 01:20:15 – What is the most misunderstood thing about Ibarionex?
Where There’s Smoke
ibarionex – The Candid Frame #313 – Robert Fischer
ibarionex – The Candid Frame #312 – Michelle Groskopf
Enjoying the Show?
Music Intro by Cedar & Soil: Twitter | Facebook | Website
Like What You've Read?
If so, please sign up to get a FREE COPY of my PDF, 8 Things You Can Do Today to Skyrocket Your Podcast Productivity!