Here’s the Recap:
Helen Zaltzman has been podcasting for 9 years and surprisingly enough, says she still feels like a novice. She co-hosted her first podcast with Olly Mann called Answer Me This! and followed it up with the very popular, The Allusionist. That second podcast is a language and etymology show that is part of Roman Mars's Radiotopia network. Helen talks about her love for Boggle, how she got started in comedy, and much more. Listen for the guest appearance by Martin.
Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Covered:
- 05:30 – Helen and I talk about the internet marketing world.
- 10:05 – Helen talks Boggle
- 14:25 – Despite podcasting for 9 years, Helen still feels like a novice.
- 19:50 – When did Helen realize that the Answer Me This! podcast was no longer a hobby?
- 22:55 – Do the more experienced BBC broadcasters look down on new podcasters?
- 27:10 – I'm dying to start a ride-sharing podcast.
- 30:00 – We get a guest “appearance” from Helen's husband, Martin.
- 30:40 – The Allusionist started in January 2015.
- 32:10 – Helen talks about Roman Mars.
- 35:30 – Where did the idea of The Allusionist come from?
- 40:25 – Helen believes people put too much energy in their first podcast.
- 43:15 – Helen doesn't want to listen to other language shows, because she doesn't want to accidentally plagiarize other's work.
- 50:40 – Helen likes editing her own show.
- 52:10 – How do you start writing comedy?
- 53:20 – Helen talks on how she got into comedy.
- 59:50 – Helen tried to teach Latin to a 13-year-old.
- 01:06:25 – What happened to Spoken.am?
- 01:11:00 – What would Helen do if she wasn't podcasting?
- 01:13:55 – What are the biggest challenges for growing The Allusionist?
- 01:17:10 – Who inspires Helen?
- 01:20:10 – You can follow Helen on Twitter.
Podcast Junkies Website
Podfly Podcast Junkies
Helen Zaltzman Boggle
Answer Me This Podcast
The Allusionist C-Bomb
Helen Zaltzman Twitter
How Do I Subscribe?
Music Intro by Cedar & Soil: Twitter | Facebook | Website