Here’s the Recap:
Erik and AJ are hosts of the Abroaders Podcast. This niche show covers the ins and outs of what's known as travel hacking. It's the concept of leveraging credit card miles bonuses, through an efficient use of timing and research, to travel around the world for pennies on the dollar. Each week they break down a new concept and provide up to date news on offers and tweaks that you can use. Essential travel info on this Erik Paquet Interview.
What We Covered:
- 04:00 – Where they are finding interesting topics for the podcast
- 06:00 – Why Harry likes the Abroaders Podcast
- 06:36 – What was the inspiration for starting the show?
- 07:40 – What other sites were their model?
- 09:05 – What is the draw of the show?
- 09:40 – “That's why the oversized value exists”
- 10:40 – How did Erik and AJ meet up?
- 11:20 – Shout out to New Lansing and Detroit!
- 12:40 – Friends in Tokyo
- 13:50 – Why mileage hacking is great for bootstrapping businesses
- 14:50 – How to facilitate building a business that is ‘anti-fragile'
- 15:40 – What are Erik and AJ's respective specialties?
- 16:55 – Why travel hacking is for businesses as well
- 17:30 – The strategy for acquiring clients
- 20:00 – How they were able to get the branding for Abroaders
- 21:55 – Why the Jam for the Week is a fun part of the show
- 24:05 – The genesis of the website content & birth of the podcast
- 25:55 – Imagining what the voices on the other end of the line sound like
- 27:00 – The point where AJ & Erik nailed down their podcast process
- 28:25 – How to keep the quality in, after outsourcing
- 30:45 – The production process and the pleasures of scaling
- 32:55 – When did travel hacking become a business?
- 35:20 – Other projects in the works
- 36:35 – The goal is to put more time on outreach
- 38:25 – The beauty of open jaws and stopovers
- 40:45 – Curating the best blogs on the topic
- 43:15 – How Dan Andrews was a big help in working out the business model
- 47:45 – Why the ‘velocity of relationships' is so important
- 49:55 – Why Erik does what he does
- Erik on Twitter: @ErikPaquet
- Abroaders on Twitter: @AbroaderWorld
- Green Growth Media
- Detroit Electronic Music Festival
- Coachella Music Festival
- The Mimic Method
- The Points Guy
- View From the Wing
- Dan Andrews
- Dynamite Circle – DCBKK
- Cliff Ravenscraft
How to Subscribe
Feedback + Promotion
- Comments below, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.
This week's cut is Damon Albarn “The Selfish Giant”. -Cedar & Soil
If you have artists you'd like us to feature, let us know: email@example.com.