Here’s the Recap:
Erik Fisher is the host of Beyond the To Do List, a show that covers all aspects of productivity, getting good work done, and living a good life. Erik sits down with me on today's show to talk about a little bit of everything, really. We dive into topics that have nothing to do with podcasting, but on top of that, we also learn about Erik's process, how he selects his guests, some of his favorite podcasts, and much more!
What We Covered:
- 04:15 – I wanted Erik on my show long before I personally met him.
- 04:25 – We're both excited for Podcast Movement.
- 07:35 – What does Erik think of Marc Maron?
- 09:40 – What podcasts has Erik listened to that made him rethink how he produces his show?
- 11:45 – Erik has never missed an episode of Back to Work.
- 13:15 – Long time listeners have already developed a connection with the host.
- 14:40 – I really wish iTunes had more insight as to who is subscribed to our podcasts.
- 15:40 – Has Erik changed someone's life due to his productivity podcast?
- 16:25 – Why did Erik start his podcast?
- 19:45 – Has Erik finally made it beyond the to-do list?
- 21:40 – As Erik started his podcast, who was he following/listening to?
- 23:15 – Did you know Erik is an introvert? But by being a podcaster, he gets to put on the iron man suit.
- 23:40 – When Erik was a young kid, he used to pretend to be an interviewer.
- 25:40 – Are Erik's childhood friends surprised by Erik's career path?
- 26:30 – Which guests who have appeared on Erik's show have made him nervous?
- 27:40 – Erik talks about winging it for a particular episode despite prepping heavily for it.
- 30:00 – Erik had someone come on his show for the third time and he didn't prepare for it at all, on purpose!
- 31:55 – The podcast is Erik's baby. Erik talks on how he handles people who pitch Erik and how he chooses his guests.
- 34:25 – By not being picky with your guests, long-time listeners can get turned off by the bad quality.
- 40:55 – Erik talks about Facebook's algorithm.
- 43:50 – What does Erik think about newsjacking?
- 47:15 – Erik does the podcast because he loves it, even when it's hard.
- 49:15 – What kind of platforms/mediums will exist in the next couple years? Will I be doing videos in the future?
- 50:30 – Who are some of Erik's comedy heroes?
- 52:45 – What's left for Erik?
- 54:25 – Erik is excited to go to conferences like Podcast Movement, because he gets to see his podcast friends!
- 55:55 – How important is family to Erik?
- 57:25 – What has Erik changed his mind about recently?
- 58:50 – The last episode of Game of Thrones was rated 10/10 on IMDB. What?
- 01:00:25 – What is the most misunderstood thing about Erik?
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.