Here’s the Recap:
Trules is the host of e-travels with e. trules. He's lived an incredibly interesting life and recently discovered the world of podcasting. He's an artist, “self-producer and self-initiator”, an amazing storyteller and has taught theater at USC for 31 years. He's been a performer for almost five decades as a modern dancer and a clown, of all things! Going into his last year of teaching he was offered a grant from the school for a project of his choosing and he chose a podcast. And we're lucky he did!
What We Covered:
- 01:41 – How Eric and I met
- 06:21 – Why he started the podcast
- 12:01 – His affinity of audiobooks and the spoken word
- 13:44 – The friendships he’s developed as a result of podcasting
- 16:35 – Eric’s emergence as a performer
- 19:55 – His earliest choreographer and director, Shirley Mordine
- 21:10 – Falling in love with being a clown
- 25:36 – Flashmobs
- 27:41 – His non-profit arts company, Free Public Laughs, and street performances
- 29:48 – How being in costume allows you the freedom of expression
- 32:27 – The arrest of Gino the Clown
- 33:15 – Challenging societal norms and going beyond convention
- 37:04 – Why he felt repressed during his college years
- 38:22 – Growing up in the ’50’s and 60’s
- 40:51 – How saying ‘yes’ to opportunities led him to become an artist
- 43:16 – His perspective on the current state of the US administration
- 45:49 – Traveling and the unwarranted fears people have about it
- 47:24 – Not having everything planned out and heading into his third and final act
- 49:05 – What he’s changed his mind about recently
- 49:26 – The one most misunderstood thing about him
The Barber Shop Recording Studio
Podcasts and Pizza
Ben Adair on Podcast Junkies
Z Holly on Podcast Junkies
This American Life
Haden Lee – Travel Stories podcast
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below, via e-mail: email@example.com, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.