Here’s the Recap:
Ellory Wells is the host of The Empowered Podcast, where he interviews other entrepreneurs who have made the transition from unhappy employee to self-fulfilled employer. Ellory wanted to transition out of corporate America because he was unhappy from 9 AM to 6 PM and that unhappiness went home with him. Although he was successful at what he did, he needed something more out of life and his career.
What We Covered:
- 04:45 – Ellory thinks I have fantastic hair. He had long hair in college.
- 06:45 – I eat the same breakfast everyday.
- 08:40 – Ellory really liked episode 100.
- 12:00 – All of the stuff that the cool kids were doing in school are irrelevant now that they've become adults.
- 13:10 – Ellory talks about being bullied in private school.
- 14:20 – People these days are proud to be a geek.
- 17:30 – Why did Ellory have the need to get his voice out there?
- 20:10 – Did Ellory have an inch to scratch?
- 21:40 – Why did Ellory grow from blogging to podcasting?
- 22:45 – Where did Ellory's entrepreneurial drive come from?
- 29:05 – How did Ellory's family react to his career shift?
- 30:10 – Ellory was miserable at his old job and that comes home with you.
- 35:05 – Did you know there are games in Excel spreadsheet?
- 36:50 – No entrepreneur wants to create an awful work environment.
- 39:00 – Do we need a world full of entrepreneurs?
- 42:50 – Ellory goes into a short tangent about business owners.
- 49:20 – Ellory talks about the power of podcasting.
- 54:05 – People want to be entertained before they want to be informed.
- 54:30 – What is the most misunderstood thing about Ellory?
- 58:00 – What has Ellory changed his mind about recently.
Cast Source Website
Podcast Junkies Website
Ellory Wells Website
The Empowered Podcast
Enjoying the Show?
Music Intro by Cedar & Soil: Twitter | Facebook | Website