Here’s the Recap:
Danny Peña has been podcasting for last 10+ years and has a ton of experience to bring to the table. He is the founder and host of GamerTagRadio and has received international media attention from Forbes, Gamespot, IGN, Wall Street Journal, and more. He also won the Microsoft MVP award both in '05 and '09 and hosted the first gaming show for Discovery Channel Latin America.
What We Covered:
- 04:50 – Danny talks about his podcasting mistakes.
- 06:00 – How did Danny get into editing?
- 09:15 – Danny used his ‘street knowledge' to promote his podcast instead of using social media.
- 11:20 – Danny talks on how rappers/hip hop artists promoted their work pre-internet days.
- 14:50 – Twitter bombing is so tacky.
- 16:05 – What was it like being on the Podcast Movement stage?
- 17:30 – Danny and I talk about our love for DJing back in the day.
- 19:10 – You could literally spend half a day looking at vinyls.
- 22:35 – Danny moved to Miami in 92 and it was completely destroyed from hurricane Andrew.
- 24:00 – Danny talks about the E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) conference in L.A.
- 27:15 – Your podcast being in New and Noteworthy is cool, but what are you gonna do after that?
- 30:55 – Don't depend on interviewing other successful podcasters.
- 34:55 – Danny talks about his parents.
- 37:30 – Believe it or not, Danny used to be incredibly shy in Kindergarten.
- 43:15 – Let people hear your voice and your message. We don't always get a spotlight.
- 46:10 – You can't fake being consistently passionate time and time again.
- 49:05 – Danny talks about how he met Bill Gates.
- 52:45 – Get out of your house and attend events.
- 01:01:00 – Danny talks about his podcasting highlights in 2015.
- 01:03:10 – How did Danny build his podcasting crew?
- 01:12:00 – Companies often ask Danny to cover an event, but he also wants his team to be represented.
- 01:14:50 – Hang around people who have the same can-do attitude you have.
- 01:15:50 – Danny talks about the responses he has received from his fans.
- 01:19:30 – Danny explains when he cried on the Podcast Movement stage.
- 01:22:40 – Danny shares a story about an event EA invited him to.
- 01:28:55 – When Danny tells stories, he's just painting a picture for the listener.
- 01:35:05 – Be sure to visit GamerTagRadio.com see what Danny Peña does.
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below, via e-mail: email@example.com, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.