Here’s the Recap:
Corey Fineran is the founder of IvyEnvy.com and the lead host for The Ivy Envy Podcast. He has been a Cubs fan since 1985 and he and his co-hosts discuss the Cubs from a fan perspective on his show. Corey and I talk about a variety of different things on today's podcast, but what I found most interesting are the creative ways Corey and his co-hosts are monetizing the podcasts through meet ups and the use of Patreon. It's definitely worth a listen! Aside from that, we talk about Facebook, fan engagement, and even honey bees!
What We Covered:
- 03:35 – Corey had no idea what he was doing when he first launched his podcast.
- 06:50 – Corey didn't think about format in the beginning.
- 10:35 – Corey recommends you host meet-ups even if you know no one will show up, because it gets you comfortable with being out of the studio.
- 15:15 – What has Corey learned about audio since creating the podcast?
- 16:25 – It can only get so good when you rely on the internet to record your podcast.
- 16:55 – Content is more important than audio quality, to a degree.
- 18:00 – An audience that has been built organically has much more staying power.
- 18:45 – Corey didn't pay attention to the numbers, because he really enjoyed engaging with the audience, not matter how small it was.
- 19:15 – It changes your perspective when you look at your download numbers and compare it to speaking to that many people in a room.
- 27:20 – Does Corey remember a time when he had a connection with a listener that took him aback?
- 27:50 – Respond to your audience and really take the time to nurture that connection.
- 28:20 – You have to build your listenership one fan at a time.
- 31:15 – A majority of Corey's listeners are on Facebook, but he still engages quite a bit with them on Twitter.
- 33:20 – Corey created a Facebook group for his Patreon supporters.
- 41:25 – For his sports podcast, Corey does make it clear to everyone that he and his co-hosts are sports fans, not experts.
- 48:35 – Corey talks about his other podcast, Podcasters' Group Therapy.
- 53:10 – What is the most misunderstood thing about Corey?
- 56:20 – When was the last time Corey laughed out loud?
- 57:35 – What has Corey changed his mind about recently?
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.