Here’s the Recap:
Welcome to episode 44 of Podcast Junkies! Today we'll be talking to Corey Coates. Corey is the founder of Podfly, a podcast production service, and the co-host and co-creator of The Podcast Producers. Corey is the kind of guy that says whatever is on his mind and so we should probably slap on an explicit warning here and there throughout the show. Hope you guys enjoy it and don't forget to visit PodcastJunkies.com/iTunes to rate and subscribe.
Full transcript available here. Send comments to email@example.com.
What We Covered:
- 04:40 – Marc Maron interviewing Obama broke the record for the most downloaded episode.
- 08:30 – Producing over-the-top radio commercials was a lot of fun.
- 14:30 – People seek out podcast content where as listening to radio is a lot more passive.
- 21:30 – For Corey, the length of the show is irrelevant. It's over when it's over.
- 22:05 – Corey explains what a stab, stinger, and liners are.
- 29:55 – Do we really need to be innovate in podcasting? Who's innovating in blogging?
- 36:15 – What is The Podcast Producers?
- 47:10 – Listeners can tell when guests are speaking naturally and are not using their sales pitch.
- 50:40 – How did Podfly start?
- 55:30 – You can't fake talent. If your show is awesome, your show will grow.
- 59:45 – Podcasts are not competing with other podcasts, they're competing for a listener's time.
- 01:04:00 – If you podcast, you have to be a Podcast Movement.
Alec Baldwin – Here's the Thing
How Do I Subscribe?
Music Intro by Cedar & Soil: Twitter | Facebook | Website