Here’s the Recap:
Colin Gray first started producing podcasts for his university in Scotland in 2007. On the university's budget, he was able to try out podcasting and somewhere in between he fell in love with the medium. Harry calls Colin a podcast veteran because he was an early adopter to the art and Colin himself loves to produce season or series-based podcasts that are easy to consume. Colin Gray Interview shares some great tips on common mistakes podcasters are making, how he gets regular people to listen to podcasts, and more on today's episode.
What We Covered:
- 05:20 – Colin shares a little bit about his background and how he got started in podcasting.
- 16:08 – Colin moved out of the podcast hosting business because it's too much hassle for too little money.
- 23:00 – For PodCraft, Colin prefers the season-based system, because it's easier to find and consume.
- 28:15 – The next season of PodCraft will be about how to monetize your podcast.
- 40:50 – It took Colin 2 days just to create an extremely polished and professional 20 minute show.
- 45:30 – Biggest beginner podcasting mistakes?
- 55:30 – Harry recently repurposed some of his shows into an ebook titled Around the Podcast Campfire. Please check it out on amazon.
- 59:10 – Colin really can't wait to get his podcast course out into the world and to his audience.
- 01:00:15 – Colin shares helpful tips on how to get more people to listen to podcasts.
- 01:06:45 – You can find some great guests just by asking your mutual friends.
How Do I Subscribe?
- Comments below, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.