Here’s the Recap:
If you're up for a rambling yet entertaining discussion on not just podcasts, but Vegas, public speaking, hipsters, Gatorade Gum, Howard Stern and the story of how Chris has built up his show to a top position in iTunes, then you're definitely in for a treat. On this Chris Cerrone interview, you will see why this guy's hosting style is a breath of fresh air in a sea of mediocrity.
What We Covered:
- 01:45 What the hell is a stinger anyways?
- 10:15 What is it that draws you to a show?
- 11:45 Chris' ode to Michael O'Neal
- 14:50 Podcasters' obsession over New & Noteworthy
- 16:05 Measuring time in podcasting years
- 17:35 “Numbers ain't gonna put food in my kids' stomachs”
- 20:05 Once upon a time, Chris was a real estate agent
- 22:45 The evolution of Chris' speaking style
- 23:50 How many people at New Media Expo are still podcasting?
- 25:30 Chris is the co-dependent and says stop with the nonsense
- 26:20 A lot of people don't credit themselves with what they can accomplish
- 31:20 Podcasting has changed Chris' life, and this is why
- 37:50 The emergence of the trademark ‘bluegeno' t-shirt!
- 39:50 Why managing e-mail is not his best use of his time
- 44:50 Why Vegas' location makes it conducive to having guests Live in the studio
- 49:30 The awesomeness of video and in-studio guests
- 51:40 Chris loves Fizzle + Chase Reeves
- 56:00 Why Chris is a fan of Podcast Junkies
- 56:50 Why Chris is making it a point to find his own voice
- 58:20 Why Chris is a fan of Howard Stern and Lady Gaga
- 60:15 The origins of ‘The Chris Cerrone Show' name
- 62:50 Why Chris wants to fail fast and fail often
- 65:30 The importance of having your own audience
- 68:10 Chris is now consulting as a result of podcast success
- 71:05 Why Chris feels like MacGyver
- 72:50 A shout out to Gatorade for sponsorship
- 75:20 Where are the hipsters in Vegas?
- 77:05 Wanna get Chris fired up? Talk about Vegas
- 78:40 Memories of when the Mob ran Vegas
- 81:45 A little bit of a hipster rant
- 83:15 Any idea what episodes 50-100 looks like?
- 93:45 The importance of rating and reviewing podcast episodes
- Chris on Twitter: @bluegeno
- Pat Flynn
- Tysen Web
- Jeff Brown
- Chase Reeves
- Chris Brogan
- Sue Zimmerman
- New Media Expo
- Greg Hickman
- The Email Management System That Saved My Life – Maneesh Sethi
- Rob Dyrdek
- Kevin Le
- Amy Schmittauer
- Erik Paquet
- Mike Moran
- The Blue Ice Cream Truck
- Gatorade Gum
- The Chris Cerrone Show
- Chase Reeves on Podcast Junkies
- Solopreneur Hour – Michael O'Neal
- Podcast Answer Man
- Radiolab – Bliss
How to Subscribe
Feedback + Promotion
- Questions or comments below, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on our SpeakPipe page!
- If you like the show, please consider leaving a much appreciated review in iTunes as well as Stitcher.
Yellow Ostrich are an American indie rock band based out of Brooklyn, New York. Thanks to a good friend this is a recent discovery for me and I’ve been enjoying the dig through a solid repertoire. The band was formed in 2009 and has since released 5 albums and several EPs. Their latest album ‘Cosmos’ is worth picking up and finds the band delivering beautiful pop with enough space to appreciate it. Here’s the standout track “My Moons” from their latest LP ‘Cosmos’ out on one of my favorite labels Barsuk Records. -Cedar & Soil Yellow Ostrich: Facebook | Twitter | Website