Here’s the Recap:
For over 10 years, Chel Hamilton has been a hypnotherapist. She decided to create her podcast, Meditation Minis, which focuses on helping people manage their stress and anxiety through guided meditations, after a friend of hers kept insisting she start a podcast on meditation. She committed to doing six episodes, but 6 million downloads later, Chel is only just beginning.
With big plans to take Meditation Minis to the next level by incorporating Virtual Reality technology in the future and adding workshop weekends to her repertoire, it’s definitely safe to say that Chel got more than she bargained for when she set out on her journey of podcasting.
What We Covered:
- 07:04 – Her biggest takeaway from Podcast Movement 2017
- 08:32 – The sessions she found interesting at Podcast Movement
- 09:10 – Chel explains the Sparks talks from Podcast Movement
- 10:47 – How she got the idea for Meditation Minis
- 13:04 – Why she found it surprising that her podcast has had such a positive effect on people
- 14:46 – Why she designed her show the way she did
- 17:26 – When she was first introduced to meditation
- 18:34 – Chel explains who Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (Osho) is
- 20:27 – How she became involved with hypnotherapy
- 23:20 – What steps she took to ensure she would have a successful business and podcast
- 27:06 – Why she didn’t end her podcast after her first year as she originally planned
- 27:49 – The idea of the concept Know, Like, and Trust
- 29:25 – Repurposing her content for people to purchase
- 31:18 – How she approaches recording longer meditation sessions
- 33:44 – Where she learned how to mix sound for her podcast
- 37:22 – Combining all her skill sets
- 37:48 – Her plans to create virtual reality immersive guided meditations
- 39:17 – Podcast Junkies in virtual reality?
- 41:13 – The therapeutic possibilities of using virtual reality technology
- 41:29 – Our experience with Float Tanks
- 44:04 – Growing up and moving away from Columbus, Ohio
- 45:38 – The person who is most surprised of where she has ended up
- 46:21 – Her relationship with sponsors
- 47:31 – If she thinks about different ways to grow her show
- 50:39 – Her three day Emotional Detox workshop
- 51:52 – The one most misunderstood thing about her
- 52:25 – Something she’s changed her mind about recently
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.