Here’s the Recap:
I'm really happy to be a podcaster today because today's interviewee is Brendan McDonald, the producer of the WTF with Marc Maron podcast. Brendan was a really great guest. There were many times he could have just easily given me a yes or no response, but I could tell he went out of his way to give me an elaborate answer at times when it felt like maybe I didn't ask the right question. We talk about Marc Maron and the famous Obama interview in his garage, Brendan's background, and so much more on today's podcast episode. Full transcript available here. Send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Covered:
- 03:45 – Technically Brendan isn't a podcaster.
- 07:45 – After Marc and Brendan got fired from Air America, they both knew they still wanted to work with each other.
- 09:00 – When did Brendan first meet Marc?
- 12:15 – Why did Brendan get into radio?
- 19:35 – At the time, there was nothing similar to what Marc and Brendan were doing.
- 24:15 – The WTF Podcast really starting taking off about 7 months in.
- 27:20 – Marc can really showcase his personality on the mic.
- 34:45 – The audio that's in there has been left in there for a very valid reason.
- 39:55 – Marc knows how to prep people before the interview and the pre-interview parts are always being recorded.
- 41:35 – Brendan touches on the Obama interview and what it was like.
- 48:55 – This was the first time Obama did an hour long interview with a podcaster.
- 51:15 – Feel free to contact Brendan on Twitter @ProducerMcD
- 51:45 – It was such an awesome feeling to get a guy like Brendan on the show.
- 53:55 – Brendan is just an awesome producer and I think this kind of stuff comes naturally to him.
How Do I Subscribe?
- Comments below, via e-mail: email@example.com, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.