Here’s the Recap:
Annett Bone is a dancer, entrepreneur, and the host of The DancePreneuring Studio podcast where she speaks with dancers, choreographers, artistic directors, studio owners, and others in the dance world so they can share their personal stories of the challenges they’ve encountered and the success they’ve experienced in this highly competitive arena.
In this conversation, Annett opens up about her own personal struggles and confronting her self-doubt, how she became involved with dancing, why she started her podcast, and how its helped her grow and opened the door to so many opportunities.
What We Covered:
- 03:14 – Where I met Annett
- 04:18 – Her experience with podcasting conferences
- 05:43 – The differences between business and podcasting conferences
- 07:47 – How she got started on her entrepreneurial journey
- 13:55 – Dealing with “Imposter Syndrome”
- 14:26 – Not letting self-doubt stop her from trying new things like starting a podcast
- 17:10 – When she became aware of tapping into her intuition
- 18:52 – The work she was involved with before starting her podcast
- 21:08 – How Annett got started with dancing
- 25:46 – Immersing yourself around talented people to elevate your own talent
- 28:04 – What drove her to start her podcast
- 30:10 – How one particular guest inspired and motivated her during a challenging time
- 32:32 – How she’s grown as a podcaster since starting her show
- 33:39 – Annett explains why she thinks she was so self-conscious early on in her life
- 36:21 – What attracted her about homeschooling
- 39:09 – The kind of feedback she’s received from her listeners
- 43:30 – Her experience and thoughts on public speaking
- 47:05 – An upcoming project she’s working on that’s still hush-hush
- 48:52 – What she’s changed her mind about recently
- 50:38 – How she tackles making decisions in her life
- 52:31 – The trepidation she felt before speaking at MAPCON
- 53:56 – What she learned about the podcasters she met and heard at MAPCON
- 55:09 – The one most misunderstood thing about her
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below, via e-mail: email@example.com, or on SpeakPipe!
- Like the show? Please leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes and Stitcher.