Here’s the Recap:
Andrew Lock has been video podcasting since 2008. His show Help My Business! is a free weekly web TV show that helps entrepreneurs stand out from the crowd and build better businesses. Andrew is amazed by how much knowledge and power each individual has that can help shape another person's life. Listen in to Andrew's wise words on working hard, helping others, and changing for the better.
What We Covered:
- 05:25 – I met Andrew about a week ago.
- 06:45 – Believe it or not, Andrew is an introvert.
- 07:10 – So many interesting relationships have been built from getting out of your comfort zone.
- 07:25 – Andrew is currently focused on video podcasts and has been doing this since 2008.
- 11:40 – Andrew moved from England to the US in 2003.
- 13:10 – Video podcasts were still very new when Andrew started his business.
- 14:20 – It helped a lot that Andrew knew how to create engaging videos, but he wasn't a presenter himself.
- 17:45 – The first episodes Andrew ever created still make him cringe.
- 17:50 – There will always be a learning curve.
- 20:05 – Who inspired Andrew on the presentation/video host side of things?
- 22:25 – Andrew shares an interesting way to keep people hooked through the opening credits.
- 29:30 – Make sure you are true to who you are or else you'll be a poor copy of someone else.
- 30:15 – It takes time to discover who you are.
- 33:45 – Does the UK have a big entrepreneurial movement or following the way the US does?
- 38:25 – It's a lot easier for Andrew to stand out in the US because he's from England.
- 40:15 – Like most entrepreneurs, Andrew was pretty much unemployable.
- 40:55 – Andrew is a hard worker and he wants to be rewarded for that, however employment isn't always the be
- 44:55 – If you are passionate and willing to work hard, then Andrew will help you as much as he can.
- 47:30 – It's powerful knowing you can teach someone to the point where it will change their life.
- 51:25 – Andrew shares a story about his friend, who was abused as a child.
- 53:00 – People can change, even with the worst circumstances.
- 53:20 – Change cannot be forced. It has to come from within the person.
- 54:10 – Some people just feel so broken that they feel like they have no control over their own lives.
- 55:35 – You have to prove it to yourself and those who have hurt you that you can overcome this.
- 57:05 – What has Andrew changed his mind about recently?
- 01:00:45 – What's the one most misunderstood thing about Andrew?
- 01:03:30 – Andrew loves the comedian Brian Regan.
Jason Stapleton Interview
Paul Colligan Interview
Help My Business
Enjoying the Show?
Music Intro by Cedar & Soil: Twitter | Facebook | Website